This wonderful opportunity in the beautiful town of Hermanus, my client is a growing company in the production field supplying local and international markets.
The primary purpose of the position is to contribute to the overall success of the company by effectively managing all financial and distribution controls in line with recognized accounting standards and procedures and by providing appropriate financial advice for improving and growing our business. As a Cost and Management Accountant, you would be a key part of a dynamic and passionate team that aims for excellence.
Key Performance Areas for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Capturing accounting data and full accounting function and manage and maintain customized financial management & accounting templates throughout the company’s sites and departments to allow for standardized and uniform monthly management reporting;
• Prepare and present monthly financial information to all levels of management within the company;
• Work with management to identify and assess opportunities to improve the company’s financial health, including assessing investments when required.
• Work with management to ensure that proper pricing strategies are in place and manage costs within the company by reviewing actual performance against the budgets;
• Assist the financial team and management to ensure timeous preparation of uniform budgets and manage the process throughout the company’s various departments;
• Evaluate and advise management on the financial implications of strategies and behaviours;
• Payroll support and timeous submission of VAT & payroll returns and preparation of related reconciliations.
• Overseeing and planning the annual external audit in conformity with IFRS and the Companies Act.
• Assist in annual B-BBEE audit.
• A minimum of 3 years work-based practical experience;
• Relevant qualification (CIMA, BComm or other), a postgraduate qualification will be advantageous;
• Registration with a professional board will be highly advantageous;
• Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards;
• Understanding and knowledge of legislation and other regulatory aspects related to the business matters (e.g. Companies Act, B-BBEE Act, Income Tax Act, Value Added Tax Act, etc.);
• Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building and problem-solving;
• Results-oriented and the ability to meet deadlines on assignments;
• Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Office;
• A valid driver’s license and own transport
• Fully bilingual (fluency in English).
A market-related remuneration package is offered and the company supports the Employment Equity legislation.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 6 October 2019
Commencement: As soon as possible.