The role of the Desktop Support Technician is the first point of contact for all IT related service requests. The Desktop Support Technician provide assistance to end-users in a timely and accurate fashion. This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing (troubleshooting problem areas), repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance
• Maintain helpdesk – first point of call when employees need IT assistance (hardware/ software).
• Maintain log of completion of assigned queries.
• Manage IT support documentation and records.
• Report daily, weekly, monthly on IT unresolved issues, threats and planned activities.
• Conduct and report on failure analyses.
• PC set up with required IT systems and applications for new and current staff.
• Implement timeous software updates.
• Assist in IT training support for users (Induction as well as on-going)
Ensure systems such as Google Suite, VIP, access control systems, machinery operations are
• Maintain current individual equipment logs and conduct regular audits (at least annually).
• Check equipment according to individual equipment log for departing employees.
• Maintain asset registers
The candidate should have proven expertise in both business and technical facets of the role including:
a) Grade 12 / Equivalent required.
b) Minimum 1-2 years IT experience in a similar field recommended.
c) IT degree/ diploma / certificate recommended.
d) Ability to cope well under pressure and remain calm in dynamic situations is crucial.
e)Ability to prioritise and focus on multiple tasks in order to achieve positive outcomes is crucial.
f) Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
g) Customer-service orientation a ‘can-do’ attitude and results-driven.
h) Strong communication skills including the ability to apply well developed analysis to solve complex
problems and/or deliver innovative solutions.
i) Demonstrated ability to distil complex issues into succinct and easily understood language that
convey key messages successfully at all levels of the organisation.
j) Proven ability to build a rapport with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
Should you qualify, please send your CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: 10 April 2019