My client has a vacancy for an Occupational Health Sister.
Posted: 24 February 2020
- A degree/diploma in General Nursing and Occupational Health Nursing.
- Essentially a Certificate of Competence in Dispensing for Healthcare Professionals.
- Current registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse is essential
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in occupational health nursing.
- Working knowledge of OHSA and COIDA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- The ability to communicate in English and Xhosa are important.
- A Code 08 driver’s licence completes the profile sought.
This role will report to the Human Resources Manager and will perform day-to-day activities at the Occupational and Primary Healthcare clinics. You will conduct medical examinations and biological monitoring, and manage injuries on duty. In addition, you will identify and report safety-related issues, coordinate hygiene inspections, supervise and monitor employees with chronic conditions and conduct the dispensing practice according to all legal requirements. Further functions include ensuring compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant legislation, keeping clear and accurate records of all actions which you perform, managing the clinic budget and ordering medication as well as liaising with providers of Health Care Services to arrange for Employee Assistance services and education.
The successful candidate will not be expected to work more than 35 hours per week.
Please send a detailed CV and copies of qualifications, to email@example.com
Closing date: 29 February 2020