A leading company in Hermanus seeks to employ a suitably qualified bookkeeper to join an established brand.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/Diploma in Bookkeeping
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar role
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Commercial experience
- Experience in the automotive industry would be advantageous
- Own Transport
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance.
- Full Creditors Function – Source document creation (creating purchase orders to suppliers), verification and processing (verifying purchase order against supplier invoice) allocation of Settlement discounts, journal adjustment and interest allocations. Monthly Reconciliations of supplier accounts.
- Full Debtors Function – Source document creation and processing (receiving and capturing sales orders from customer, converting sales orders to invoices), setting up of customers Master files and limits. Reconciliation of sales journal to customer’s age analysis, Debt collection
- Inventory Control – Recording of Stock in and out, performing bi-monthly stock counts, follow through on stock returns to suppliers as well as extraction and preparation of monthly stock reports.
- Knowledge of VAT, EMP, Compensation Fund, PAYE Returns, EMP 501 Reconciliation and submission, application for letters of good standing, assisting with SARS Audits.
- Fleet management – Keeping track of all company vehicles as well as Director’s vehicles, ensuring all licenses and fines are paid and up to date. Compiling monthly schedules for fuel consumption and vehicle maintenance
- Company Credit Cards- Distribution of monthly statements to all divisions, Scrutiny of transactions, Allocation of expenses, ensuring all supporting documents for expenses are submitted
- Month-end Reporting – Preparation of the monthly management accounts (divisional reporting).
- Analysis and validation of expenses
- Reporting on actual expense versus budgeted figures
- Preparation of reports on income per division
- Management of company compliance documents and status
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4 May 2019