Dear Business Partner,
Today I want to share with you the importance of preparing for an interview from the perspective of the owner of the business. Just as we expect our candidates to prepare, we should also prepare and one of the biggest motivations is to build your brand. We must never underestimate the candidate’s experience in an interview.
So here is what I am busy with this morning. I am helping a client to prepare for interviews. As a recruiter, this is where I add value and save you time.
HERE IS MY WINNING CHECKLIST FOR SETTING UP INTERVIEWS
- I have already started with the preparation when I have designed the job advertisement. Preparation already starts here because you want to be sure to attract the right talent.
- I have sifted through all the CV’s.
- I have designed skills assessments send to the applicants. Remember to add reference checks, credit checks and criminal checks.
- Not everything can be read in a CV, so part of the preparation is to take the time and think and be very specific when you identify the behaviours you want from your ideal candidate.
- Now I am going to make a list of questions that I want to ask, because I do not just want to wing it. As a skilled interviewer, I will know when to move off script.
- Then I am going to make sure that I am mindful of my time and my energy when I schedule the interviews, because I want to give the best reflection of the business values.
- It is also my responsibility on the day to keep the employer engaged. So often I will see when there was a good candidate that the employer has sort of set their mind too, that they then ‘’clutch out”’ during the following interviews.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the interviewing procedure, you are very welcome to contact me today.
082 745 6779
Please remember to have a look at our new Best Boss Membership Club, where we our sole purpose is to support all Small (or Smart) Business Owners. Welcome!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BEST BOSS CLUB INFO (https://af-consulting.co.za/best-boss/)
** Are You The Best Boss?
HOW DOES THIS QUESTION MAKE YOU FEEL?
Could you answer it easily or did you have to think about it a little bit? Do you hear all these horror stories? You pay and pay salaries (and it seems that is all you do), but you do not get the results from your employees?
LET ME ASSIST YOU IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- Human Resources & Recruitment
- Performance Management
- Mediation & Labour Law
- Leadership Development
- Recruitment and Staff Placements
- And How To Improve The Human Connection At Work
** What is the Best Boss Club?
NOT YOUR NORMAL MEMBERSHIP!
The Best Boss Club was started by AF Consulting for the sole purpose to support Small Business Owners. Most do not have the resources for a full time Human Resources Manager, yet still need the services. And this is where the Best Boss Club shines.
DO YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Contracts, Job Descriptions and Paperwork Overwhelm?
- Labour Law Questions and Staff Challenges?
- Conflict and Frustration with your Employees?
- Do you need advice and guidance on how the create a flourishing environment for your staff?